[antlr-interest] Looking for gunit that supports TreeAdaptor in generated junit

John Snyders jjsnyders at rcn.com
Fri May 14 08:17:25 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I am using antlr version 3.2 and having trouble with gunit.
Specifically I need the junit java file generated by gunit to support
the TreeAdaptor option.
I found various threads pointing to newer versions of gunit.

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=3244061&metadataLink=true
The top two files on the list are: gunit-1.0.6b-src.tar.gz and
gunit-1.0.6b.jar but I don't think they match
In other words I don't think the jar was built from those sources. The
dates of these files (source being added months after the jar) made me
nervous but I decided to assume they were related based on the matching
version number.

I see in the sources a file junit.stg with the following line
       <if(hasTreeAdaptor)><\t><\t>this.treeAdaptorPath =
"<treeAdaptorPath>";<endif>
This gave me hope that the 1.0.6b version would solve my problem

So I tried the jar and still had the same problem.
When I dig into the jar I find that the junit.stg file does not have the
line that adds the adapter.

Where can I get a jar with a gunit that matches the 1.0.6b sources or
more specifically one that supports TreeAdapter in junt tests?

Any plans for an update to the antlr 3.2 version with the latest correct
gunit?

Thanks,
-John