[antlr-interest] Referencing attributes

Junkman j at junkwallah.org
Wed May 19 15:21:03 PDT 2010

Greetings,

I'm a Antlr noob, and have a question regarding accessing attributes.

Where, outside of action, can you reference attributes?  One place seems
to be as parameter to rule invocation like this:

decl: type declarator[ $type.text ] ';' ;

This is from The Definitive Antlr Reference,  page 119.

Is that true in general?  Are there other locations outside of actions
where attributes can be accessed?

As noted, I am a noob to Antlr and just joined this list.  Please let me
know if this email's question/topic is not appropriate to the list.

Thanks.