[antlr-interest] another question about custom lexer

anteusz at freemail.hu anteusz at freemail.hu
Thu May 20 00:58:49 PDT 2010

5/19/2010 4:48 PM keltezéssel, Jim Idle írta:
> Well, what language are you talking about? What are you trying to achieve? Why do you think you need a custom lexer?
>
> http://perl.plover.com/Questions.html
>

> Jim

C# is the language I use for ANTLR. I have already a tokenizer written.
It may be faster than the generated lexer.
The language that is parsed is Perl.. I have a tokenizer for it.
I just want to reuse code. It may be faster to reuse the code and to
write it again.
Not to mention the fact that some tokens are hard to parse...
E.g
q<some character stored it in B var> .* <the character in B var again>

Marton