[antlr-interest] ANTLR v4 progress // switch fro v2.7.2

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed May 26 21:54:47 PDT 2010

On 27/5/10 2:18 AM, "Terence Parr" <Parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:

Hi Terrence,

> Just passing along an example HTML subset lexer/parser using ANTLR v4; thanks
> to  debugging and moral support from Oliver Zeigermann, we got the code
> generation and runtime support working sufficiently to use the following
> grammars.   generate some really nice code indeed. You will note that, except
> for the enhancement of the lexer modes, the grammars are backward compatible
> with v3 :)

Congratulation on progress. :)

My question is. Currently we still use ANTLR 2.7.2.
Was not time jump to v3 yet.

What will be your advice:
    jump in nearest months to v3, and later this will move smooth
    to v4 also. Or just wait for v4 to avoid too big transfers?

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology