[antlr-interest] What patterns to choose to build XPath processor

Alex Rudyk alex.rudyk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:37:52 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am reading Terence Parr "Language Implementation Patterns"
book<http://pragprog.com/titles/tpdsl/language-implementation-patterns>.
I'd like to practice and I want to build some kind of simple xpath
processor. I’ve sketched through most of book's patterns, but still not sure
what patterns best fit my goal.

Especially it’s hard to me to understand is xpath processor an interpreter
or a translator. What I have to do after I have my xpath AST ready? How to
evaluate xpath expression on xml input stream?

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

--
thx
alex