[antlr-interest] Lexer

Steven Kibler skkibler at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 19:57:43 PDT 2010

Windows generation, C++, Microsoft compiler 2008.

1.       Are there some configuration options for the lexer?  If so, where
are they?

2.       How do I reduce the size of the tables to something less than
30,000  program lines?  Input is standard ASCII.

3.       I have a runtime problem and can't determine if it is a parser
issue or lexer issue.  How can I track the tokens returned from the lexer?

4.       How do I insert my own lexer?

5.       It appears that none of the functions in the generated lexer code,
other than the initialization functions, are called.  Is the lexing done in
the libraries?  How do I make a lexer that uses that code?

Thanks