[antlr-interest] "code too large" / can't split AST output into smaller files

Red Rackham redrackem at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 09:38:45 PDT 2010

I'm having same issue.  Have a big grammar (>900 tokens, >4K lines of parser
grammar) it's translated from an older source and very messy & interconnected
since it was generated by conversion script.  Was able to get ANTLR to create
.java files, but the java files don't compile ("code too large").  With
python output, the lexer works up to a point but mis-identifies a token and I
haven't figured out why... I wanted to debug in ANTLRWorks but I can't since I
can't get java to compile.  Catch 22?