[antlr-interest] Diferent output when running ANTLRWorks IDE and a test rig in both Java and C# versions

Hélder Silva helderdavidms at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 03:46:24 PDT 2011

I’m getting different results when i run a certain input on the IDE in
comparison to a test rig in either Java or C# as well.

In the IDE, for a given input, I get a NoViableAltException, which is what I
want to happen.

When running the same input on Java test rig I get this:

line 1:3 mismatched character ' ' expecting '@'

line 1:4 required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input 'helium'

The “expecting ‘@’” i suppose the parser is looking for another token I have
in which it matches an email address, but no rule I have starts with an
email address either.

In the C# test rig, the parser complains there is no input with the message:

line 1:4 required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input 'helium'

can someone give me a hint on what’s happening here?