[antlr-interest] Adding java class in AntlrWorks debug mode

David Smith david.smith at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 28 10:49:27 PDT 2011

I am working with a team of students at Georgia Tech to develop a
Java version of Matlab.  In particular, I want to integrate the
grammar with our production system so that we can debug the grammar,
generate the code and run our system without having to edit the lex
and parser class files.  This requires (I think) that we change the
actions in the grammar from something like:
{  memory.put($ID.gettext, $expr.value);
    System.out.println("store variable" + $ID.getText);
}
to something lie
{
    Interface.put($ID.gettext, $expr.value);
    Interface.display("store variable" + $ID.getText);
}
This works fine if I generate code and compile our system with the
Antlr lex and parser classes and a version if the Interface class
that uses memory and System.out as above.
However, I can't figure out how to include this Interface class with
the AntlrWorks debugger.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                                 DMS

David M. Smith http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/David.Smith
Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Computing
Sent from my ASR-33 Teletype