[antlr-interest] Are the Eclipse ANTLR plugins stable?

The Researcher researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:38:29 PDT 2011

Jay,

Thanks for the reply.

I had problems getting ANTLR IDE 2.1.1installed at first but using Debian 6
(Squeeze), Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo), and ANTLR IDE 2.0.2 I was able to install
and give it a quick test. I still need to do a full test with it.

The biggest problem I am facing is that I can not find any up to date Linux
packages for Eclipse, ANTLR, ANTLRWorks, or ANTLR IDE; so all the installs
are manual or using an older version of software.

Also, Edgar has not been posting to SourceForge for several months, but I
must say the plug-in is worth the effort. Thanks Edgar.

With regards to the appliance, the current one is at about 2.5 GB so I think
I will only be distributing the instructions unless I can find a place to
host the downloading of it for free.

VMWare and VirtualBox do host appliances for free downloading but VMware
requires rigorous testing and Oracle, for VirtualBox, only has several
appliances for download with none appearing to be user contributed.

Thanks, Eric