[antlr-interest] Test dynamic scope presence

Joël Marty joelmarty2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 05:33:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm currently working with the Java 1.6 grammar available on antlr
website (not the tree grammar) and I need to detect method calls in my
code (probably in the identifierSuffix rule).
Since parameter passing doesn't work very well with predicates, I
thought following the advice of using a dynamic scope high enough in the
hierarchy to pass contextual information between an arbitrary rule (say
methodDeclaration) and identifierSuffix; but how can I be certain that
the scope defined in methodDeclaration is available to identifierSuffix?
What happens if identifierSuffix is called from another rule and the
scope is not available?

Joel