[antlr-interest] ANTLR IDE, Run (Java) selection causing ANTLR Event Listener internal error

The Researcher researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 06:31:12 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am writing a document on how to build a working ANTLR environment for a
first time user.

While I am more of a Windows/C# person, this is being done with LINUX and
Eclipse so that it can be distributed for free.

When I try to use the Run (Java) selection for ANTLR IDE
see
http://antlrv3ide.sourceforge.net/doc/gettingstarted/basictutorial/runningantlrgrammars.html

I get a Problem Occurred dialog that reads

'ANTLR Event Listener' has encountered a problem.
An Internal error occurred during: "ANTLR Event Listener".

Details:

   For input string: "false"

By following the documentation at the ANTLR IDE I was able to
compile/interpret the Expr.g grammar without a problem and run it for the
interpreter by clicking on the RUN button. However the RUN button has
another mode of operation where a selection can be made for either Run
(Java) or Debug (Java), and selecting the Run (Java) option is causing the
problem.

Since I have never worked with the ANTLR Event Listener, this bug is
baffling me. I don't know if it is an ANTLR IDE bug or a "ANTLR Event
Listener" problem.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks, Eric