[antlr-interest] -debug option with C code

Ramanand ramanand_mandayam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 19:41:50 PDT 2011

Hi

I am using ANTLR v3.4 to generate a parser in C. The generated grammar
compiles with no problems on my Linux machine with GCC.

When I use the -debug option then ANTLR adds a whole bunch of location
tracking information such as DBG->location(DBG, M, N).
I am guessing that the  M and N are line number and column number
respectively.

However the very first call to the DBG->location function for every
terminal in the grammar is missing the 3rd parameter.
The output file contains the call as
     DBG->location(DBG, M, )    // notice that N is not printed in the
generated C file.

However the function call seems to be correctly printed for nested
syntactical constructs on the right hand side of a production/rule.

Is the -debug option not fully supported in ANTLR v3.4 with C target?

Cheers

Ramanand