[antlr-interest] how to use my own lexer?

Li Li fancyerii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 02:36:30 PST 2011

Hello Christian,
    I am writing a search query rewriter.
    e.g. input: sony mp3 -> brand:sony product:mp3
    the user query is "sony mp3", then I will rewrite it to "brand:sony
product:mp3" which means I need search product mp3 and product's brand is
sony.
    The example is English, and I need parse Chinese.
    The tokenizer for Chinese is harder than English because there is no
seperator between words in Chinese. in Chinese, it looks like "sonymp3" and
I need use Chinese Segmentor to split it to "sony mp3".
     As far as I know, lexer/scanner will product tokens for parser.
I think lexer should only have one method to implement, that may be Token
next();