[antlr-interest] Memory management of C target

Marco Trudel marco at mtsystems.ch
Wed Feb 2 08:19:42 PST 2011

Dear Jim

On 01.02.2011 18:15, Jim Idle wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I think
> that in 3.3 I have fixed a bug that was not releasing memory references
> when building a tree until the tree was freed. Try making a version that
> does not build a tree and see how it differs.
>
> <snip>

Ok, made a version of my grammar that doesn't build a tree:

libantlr3c-3.2, no tree output: works, uses about 600mb memory
libantlr3c-3.2, tree output: crash, wants more than 2gb

libantlr3c-3.3-SNAPSHOT, no tree output: works, uses about 630mb memory
libantlr3c-3.3-SNAPSHOT, tree output: crash, wants more than 2gb

The only changes to the grammar where removing/adding "output = AST;".
Is your fix already in the current SNAPSHOT?

Thanks
Marco