[antlr-interest] what would ANTLR ref guide revised edition have?

Raymond J. Schneider rschneid at bridgewater.edu
Tue Feb 15 17:01:38 PST 2011

An orderly sequence of structured examples of increasing difficulty illustrating the concepts covering all the bases would be nice.  This is especially true as one enters the realm of trees and then string rewriting.  I used the book for a class on writing language parsers and we had a good deal of difficulty after the first part.  We're currently using the Language Implementation Patterns book with a bit more success so far because of the orderly presentation that the use of patterns is providing.

Regards, Ray
--
Ray Schneider,PE, Ph.D
Associate Professor