[antlr-interest] Haskell binding to the ANTLR parser generator C runtime library

Mark Wright markwright at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 18 04:28:11 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of a Haskell binding to the
ANTLR LL(*) parser generator C runtime library.

The lexing and parsing is handled in C.  The C parser actions call
Haskell code to do things such as:

- enter data into the symbol table

- look up data in the symbol table to implement dis-ambiguating semantic
  predicates for parsing context sensitive programming languages.

- create Abstract Symbol Table entries.

The Haskell binding to the ANTLR parser generator C runtime library is at:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/antlrc
https://github.com/markwright/antlrc

An example based on the implementation of arithmetic expressions example
from "Types and Programming Languages" by Benjamin Pierce, chapter 4, is
on github:

https://github.com/markwright/antlrc-examples/tree/master/src/tapl/arith

Building the example is somewhat challenging.  I provide a Makefile,
however it is specific to my system and will need to be customized.

Documentation for the ANTLR C runtime library is at:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/ANTLR3+Code+Generation+-+C

Thanks, Mark