[antlr-interest] Updated Visual Studio 2010 Extensions for ANTLR and ST4

Sam Harwell sharwell at pixelminegames.com
Fri Jul 8 13:10:14 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I just published updated versions of my Visual Studio 2010 extensions to the
Visual Studio Gallery. Below is a note for existing users followed by a
description of the extensions and links to the Visual Studio Gallery where
they are published.

Important: If you previously installed an early copy of the following 3
extensions, you'll need to manually uninstall them (all of them) from the
"Tools -> Extension Manager." dialog before installing the new version. In
the future, the extensions should update correctly without having to
reinstall them.

.         ANTLR language support

.         StringTemplate 4 language support

.         Visual Studio Extensibility Framework

With that out of the way, here is a description of the various extensions.
Screenshots are available on the gallery pages for each extension.

ANTLR Language Support

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/25b991db-befd-441b-b23b-bb5f8d
07ee9f

.         Provides syntax highlighting and basic IntelliSense features for
ANTLR v3 grammars.

.         Adds the exceptions from Antlr.Runtime and Antlr.Runtime.Tree to
the Debug->Exceptions... dialog for easy configuration.

StringTemplate 4 Language Support

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/5ca30e58-96b4-4edf-b95e-3030da
f474ff

.         Provides syntax highlighting and a select few IntelliSense
features for StringTemplate files.

.         Some features are limited to the default delimiters '<' and '>'.

The following extensions are not quite as developed as the two above, but
I'll include them since some people may find them useful and because I used
ANTLR to create them. All of these extensions are being created for one of
my ongoing research projects.

Java Language Support

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/bc561769-36ff-4a40-9504-e266e8
706f93