[antlr-interest] Can one identify the type of parser needed for a given BNF grammar

The Researcher researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:25:07 PDT 2011

Maybe I dreaming but maybe lady luck is with me today.

Does anyone know of program, paper, algorithm that given a BNF grammar it
will tell you what type of algorithm/parser can parse it.

Types of algorithms/parsers would be Regular Expression (RE), LL, LR, LALR,
GLR, SLR and how much look ahead is needed?

If another website is better for posting this, that would be appreciated.

The tie into to ANTLR here is that the more I learn about parsing C++ the
more the answer comes back GLR.

Thanks  Eric