[antlr-interest] (Repost) C-Runtime: Getting started

Udo Weik WeikEngOff at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 12:24:02 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I'm looking for a really simple "Hello World"-example for getting
started with the C-Runtime.
After my problems with C++Builder I decided to install VC++ 2010
Express. The simplest example I found is the simpleCTreeParser,
from my point of view of course too complex for a beginner.
Anyway, I tried to get it running. First, I opened simplecTreeParser.vcproj
which resulted in an update of all projects (voodoo, named "Solution").
Then I was able to generate the code files for the lexer/parser
(SimpleCLexer.* and SimpleCWalker.*) and I added all C-Runtime Header
and Source files directly to the project (in directories/"Filters"
ANTLR/Header Files and ANTLR/Source files). Thanks to Jacqueline Russell's
video(*) I was able to display the line numbers in the source editor.
In main.c line 112 (is) was the first problem:
   pSimpleCWalker		    treePsr;
pSimpleCWalker was underlined red, I'm writing was. Just moved the window
to an other monitor. Problem solved.
But I'm getting a bunch of errors like
...\examples-v3\C\vsrulefiles\antlr3lexerandparser.targets(45,5):
   error MSB4018: The "Antlr3ParserLexer" task failed unexpectedly.
...\examples-v3\C\vsrulefiles\antlr3lexerandparser.targets(45,5):
   error MSB4018: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
...\examples-v3\C\vsrulefiles\antlr3lexerandparser.targets(45,5)
   error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Xaml.CommandLineGenerator.PerformSwitchValueSubstition( CommandLineBuilder clb, ... )
...\examples-v3\C\vsrulefiles\antlr3lexerandparser.targets(45,5):
   error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Xaml.CommandLineGenerator.EmitStringSwitch(CommandLineBuilder clb, ... )
and 9 more.

I don't know how I can solve that problem, so I ask for your
support.

@Jim - I will write a comprehensive documentation for you...

Many thanks in advance
Udo

(*) Jacqueline is/was a MS product manager for the VC++ 20xy Express
edition.
When I start VC++ 2010 Express and want to open the "Getting Started"
www-pages, VC++ 2010 Express crashes. I captured the screen, OCRed
the link and opened the page with Firefox. In Firefox, the Silverlight-
plugin crashed. Luckily it was possible to download the video. (BTW,
IE is crashing immediately after pasting the link).
OFF TOPIC: How do you handle that daily madness?
When you are interested what's my main problem with MS at the moment, send
me a PM. Be warned, it can be yours tomorrow.