[antlr-interest] Concatenating variable number of tokens into a single string in an action?

John B. Brodie jbb at acm.org
Mon Jul 18 13:52:33 PDT 2011

Greetings!

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 15:35 -0500, Dejas Ninethousand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I have the rule:
>
>         text : t=(UNQUOTED_ALPHA_TEXT | DECIMAL_NUMBER)+ {
> stack.pushUnquotedText(...); };
>
> Is there any way for me to gather the text of all the ALPHA_TEXT and
> DECIMAL_NUMBER tokens in this production into a single string and shove that
> string as an argument in my action?

Basically accumulate the text into a variable using an action inside the
(...)+ loop and then push the accumulation.  Something like (UNTESTED):

text
    @init{ String str = ""; } :
    ( t=(UNQUOTED_ALPHA_TEXT | DECIMAL_NUMBER) { str+=$t.text; } )+
    { stack.pushUnquotedText(str); }
  ;

Note that the t=(...) only works because all of the stuff inside the
(...) are Tokens (i think).

Note that any tokens that were put on the HIDDEN channel (or skip();d)
by the Lexer will not be accumulated/pushed.

Hope this helps...
   -jbb