[antlr-interest] Random code generator

Arturo Hernandez arthernan at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:21:57 PDT 2011

Thank you both,

I did take a dive in the RandomPhrase.java
It looked like it relies on randomly falling into terminating rules to exit. If I read the code correctly. Makes sense that complex grammars would
Before I read your response I found Peter Maurer DGL. And it implements the features I mentioned and more. But I am not sure I want to dilute my learning at this point. I am learning ANTLR just so I can isolate my code from soo many language/framework/IDE options.
Before I read about Ralf's work. I wanted to mention a couple of ideas.
	I thought some extra actions inside of a given ANTLR grammar could introduce bias. The actions sideffects could be picked up in the RandomPhrase.java code.
	Also some high level constructs (patterns) could be added as rules, and an alternative head could be introduced for pseudorandom generation.	Thanks again.