[antlr-interest] New Guy Question...

Udo Weik WeikEngOff at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 13:30:22 PDT 2011

Hello George,

> Just dipping my toes in the ANTLR waters do to speak..  In other words, I am
> definitely new at this, so a couple quick questions.

my name is Udo, same situation.

> 1)       Is this list/email address the best way to ask questions?

Yep.

> 2)      Any idea when "The Definitive ANTLR book" will be updated?  It
> appears to be based on 3.0, whereas the ANTLR product is 3.3. I still
> purchased the book, and it is helping tremendously.

I bought both books from Terence and I hope that they will be updated, too.

> 3)       My language of choice is Delphi.  Does anyone have a sample grammar
> and the Delphi equiv of Test.java that they could send me.?  (George at woh
> dot rr dot com)

I'm a C++Builder user. Because I'm a hardware guy and due to some historical
reasons, Delphi (Pascal) isn't MY programming language at all. But of course
I'm interested to get ANTLR working with Delphi, too.

> 4)      How do I handle case insensitivity?  For example, assume in the
> following grammar that the token 'CALL' can be all caps, all lower letters,
> or a mix.  How do I recognize it?

At the moment, I'm still busy to get all my development tools working, so
I can't help you with that ANTLR problem. What I have done so far:
- Tried to get the C target language working with C++Builder
   - Problems with missing Object-files. That's an typical C++Builder-issue.
     I installed now Visual C++ 2010 Express, but no progress at the moment
     because my focus moved to Eclipse temporarily.
- Eclipse
   - installed
   - ANTLR-plug in installed
   - Python-plug in PyDev installed

When you look in the ANTLR interest archives (yep, I looked for an search
option, too) you will find some questions related to C++Builder and Delphi
from me. But until now no echo out of the universe.

Pls. send me a PM, so we can discuss our further cooperation.

Greetings
Udo