[antlr-interest] Extract all rules/lexems/keywords of a Language.g into XML format?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Jun 11 07:40:49 PDT 2011

On 6/11/11 3:16 AM, "Terence Parr" <parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:

Hi Terrence,

> Hi. Let me be more specific...I am going to serialize entire grammar as an
> augmented transition network into any generated parser or lexer. This will
> improve your recovery and error messages. There will be an API to figure out
> what could've come next.  I won't be using XML.

Okay, this sounds like feature, which will help us build
a smart auto-completion list of next token ...  Right?

Very nice.

> As for the GUI widget, I'm providing a simple widget that, using reflection if
> I remember correctly, pulls out the appropriate information from a
> parser/lexer and then manages to automatically syntax highlight and flag
> erroneous syntax. For semantics, the programmer would be on their own. It is a
> cheap way for someone to get an editor for their DSL.

I do not catch ... Widget Java only?
   What will do C++ developers :-)

Actually we think not about GUI widget, but about
Feature of ANTLR to produce XML file from any grammar

Example:

Exists
        cpp.g
        sql.g
        php.g

We add into that .g   or into  antlr -switch
    output=xml

and
   > antlr  putput=xml  cpp.g

Will produce   cpp.g.xml (or sql.g.xml,  php.g.xml )

Which will contain language from .g expressed in XML format...
And may be reverse task XML to .g

Strange task?   :)   I know ...

--
Best regards,