[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 and Maven 3

Joey Mink joeymink at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:26:03 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to convert an existing Java project (dependent on ANTLR 3) to
maven.  I've found that the recommendations on the list are that we use the
archetype to create a sample project:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Building+ANTLR+Projects+with+Maven

I'm currently using Maven 3.0.3, and the command recommend in the above
fails:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0:generate (default-cli)
on project standalone-pom: The desired archetype does not exist
(org.antlr:antlr3-maven-archetype:3.3) -> [Help 1]

The 2 comments on that page reflect the same failure I'm experiencing.  Is
this a compatibility issue with Maven 3?