[antlr-interest] Grammar issue

Stephen Tuttlebee themightystephen at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 05:00:59 PDT 2011

Hi

Is not the failure to parse:
     MESSAGE_1 = this is a message
due to the whitespace between the words in the string following the
equals sign?

Do you have a whitespace lexer rule (often called WS)? I suspect the
parser is failing due to the fact that it parses up to 'MESSAGE_1 =
this' just fine but then after that point it is expecting another
'parametersDeclaration' to follow, for which the remaining input 'is a
message' would not have any rules that matches it (the parser would be
expecting one of three things next, either 'PARAM_', 'MESSAGE_' or
'VARIABLE').

I'm not an expert on ANTLR, but I think that might be your problem.

Thanks
Stephen