[antlr-interest] Phases of tree rewriting; is there any Zen to this?

The Researcher researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:48:06 PDT 2011

I am getting ready to refine my transformations, and currently have three
phases but each phase has no particular purpose other than to allow me to do
transformations that I could not figure out how to do combined with a
previous phase, or to keep me from making silly mistakes because the
transformations would be to confusing to read if done in one phase. Also
left is the error checking and recovery.

 I just wanted to know if there is some standard to achieve, or words of
wisdom?

Multiple answers are welcome.

Thanks

Eric