[antlr-interest] Help Required in Creating a Parser in Java

Sudhanshu Nautiyal nautiyal.sudhanshu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 05:06:07 PDT 2011

Help required in Creating a Parser in JavaHi there, I have just 6 months
familiarity with JAVA so excuse me if I am being foolish sometimes. .. My
objective is to create an application in Java which should be able to create
a flow chart of a Java program once its source code is given as input to the
application. It should also be able to generate a basic class hierarchy or
functional hierarchy (If there is one) by reading the source code of the
application. Now my problem is that I am researching on this since two weeks
but didn't get anything significant.......My approach to do this would be
 1. Parse the Java Program..extract as much info as I can
 2. Use tis info to generate the flow chart and all
now problem with the first is I need to write grammars to parse the java
program...and it may complicate the project....so Can you people suggest any
other solution or a more elegant approach....  To generate gramars I am
thinking of using Antlr is it the right choice or Is there something
better??...and even better can anyone guide me on ow to write full fledged
grammar to parse a Java Program So that the stated objectives can be
achieved???...
I am using Eclipse Galileo for development and visual Editor for GUI
development

Thanks in advance.....plz help

--
SUDHANSHU NAUTIYAL