[antlr-interest] Copyright question concerning the code accompanying the "Language Implementation Patterns" book

Stefan Mätje (d) Stefan.Maetje at esd-electronics.com
Thu Nov 17 04:53:27 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to build a language to language translator using ANTLR. I'm also
using the "Language Implementation Patterns" book to find my way through this
task.

For building my symbol tables I would like to use some parts of the source
code that accompanies this book.

Could anybody clarify if I may use this code or what limitations apply. The
code carries always a header like this:

/***
 * Excerpted from "Language Implementation Patterns",
 * published by The Pragmatic Bookshelf.
 * Copyrights apply to this code. It may not be used to create training
material,
 * courses, books, articles, and the like. Contact us if you are in doubt.
 * We make no guarantees that this code is fit for any purpose.
 * Visit http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/tpdsl for more book
information.
***/

The program I build is a commercial program (a contract work) for one of our
customers. But it is not something what is mentioned above. You may call it a
compiler.

Unfortunately the antlr.markmail.org server is not servicing anything for me
and a Google search didn't reveal anything specific to this topic.

Thanks,
	Stefan