[antlr-interest] notation algorithm translation

Christian chwchw at gmx.de
Tue Nov 22 02:30:19 PST 2011

Hi and Wellcome!

First of all, ANTLR is a parser generator. Thus, ANTLR generates a
parser in several programming languages, such as Java and C#, from an
ANTLR-grammar. In order to read/parse your algorithm notation, you need
to have or define an ANTLR grammar for this language. Then, ANTLR can
generate a parser that is able to read your algorithm notation.

If you further want to translate it your notation into source code, you
have to write a mapping between your notation and the resulting source
code. But you unfortunately gave less information about what you exactly
want to do.

For language translation, you should also have a look at this article,
especially at chapter "Walking the AST":
http://www.antlr.org/article/1136917339929/stringTemplate.html

Regards,
Christian