[antlr-interest] semantics of the => operator

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 19:03:00 PST 2011

Hello Christian,

The => operator indicates a 'syntatic predictate'. It's a device for
selecting between two, otherwise ambiguous alternatives.

There is a terse definition here: https://wincent.com/wiki/ANTLR_predicates
and a slightly friendlier one here:
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/How+to+remove+global+backtracking+from+your+grammar

I'd also recommend you get the ANTLR books.

Michael