[antlr-interest] Matching compound keywords in the lexer

franck102 franck102 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 12:47:50 PST 2011

I am trying to match multi-word keywords at the lexer level, I found the
pattern below in previous answers but I can't figure out how to make the
type assigned to $type visible to parser rules... any suggestion
appreciated!

I would rather not modify containOperator to get at the token type, this
would make the grammar much less readable.

containOperator : CONTAINS_TEXT | CONTAINS_MATCH

CONTAINS_TEXT
	:	'contains' WS+ ( 'match' { $type=CONTAINS_MATCH }
	|			       'text' )
	;

// CONTAINS_MATCH:;  // causes "token definitions can never be matched"
error