[antlr-interest] Report of GUI's death greatly exaggerated

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 21:22:38 PDT 2011

As a long-time NB user I really like the sound of ANTLRWorks becoming
an NB Platform app. Just two things I'd be cautious about:

1. Oracle's commitment and what this means for platform stability.
Recent events, such as dropping support for the Python and Ruby
plugins (euphemistically termed "giving them to the community") raise
worries about Oracle's commitment to anything that isn't seen as
commercially attractive in the very short term.

2. The NB Platform itself is such a moving target, although perhaps
this perception is more a comment on my neurons slowing with advancing
age.

But in general, nice one !

Michael