[antlr-interest] Problems with ANTLR 3.4 and ANTLR IDE for Eclipse

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Tue Oct 11 10:18:54 PDT 2011

I have been working with ANTLR IDE and I encountered problems when using
ANTLR 3.4. Below is a description of the problem I shared with Scott
Stanchfield (Java Dude). It seems that the problem is either with ANTLR
or the the plugin for Eclipse. The problem doesn't occur with ANTLR 3.2
when I use it with the plugin.

If I try to create a grammar, and I put in a test case on the interpretor
screen and I try to "run->Java", it just won't run.

See the following videos for creating a grammar and "Run->Java" for testing
input.
http://javadude.com/articles/antlr3xtut/

The following is the error:

'ANTLR' Event Listener' has encountered a problem.

An internal error occurred during: "ANTLR Event Listener".
For input string: "false"

brian
--
Brian Lavender