[antlr-interest] Advice on best practice?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Oct 12 11:04:37 PDT 2011

Hi All, Terrence, Jim,

I have review FAQs, other docs and list ...
But sop far cannot find isolated advices/tips of kind

* Tend develop grammar as k=1
   AVOID to use k=*, because this is slower ...

OR reverse

* No problems to use k=*
 Always prefer to use k=*  and do not worry ... Speed will be fine..

OR

* always tend to (not)? Use  backtrack option.
    and if you use it then use memoize also ...

In the ANTLR3/Examples/C  I see options as

====================
grammar C;

options
{
    backtrack    = true;
    memoize    = true;
    k        = 2;
    language    = C;
}

But what is official point of view at current state ?

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology