[antlr-interest] Getting names of lexer/parser rules from a Runtime

Udo Weik WeikEngOff at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 04:44:32 PDT 2011

Hello,

I already asked Jim that question concerning the C-Runtime.
His answer:
 > No - you have to code that. But they are rarely useful. If you want them
 > as indicators for error refinement, then implement a global scope and add
 > it to each rule, in the rule set a scope member variable to a predefined
 > value for each rule, then access the scope stack in the error reporting
 > method.

So my question is - what is the simplest way to get these names? I'm working
with complex grammars, so at least I want to automate adding necessary (action)
code snippets (e. g. via Regex search and replace). Any other/better ideas?

Many thanks and greetings
Udo