[antlr-interest] Problems with Visual Studio 2010 and C#

Mueller, Amelie amelie.mueller at thermofisher.com
Wed Sep 7 06:12:53 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm currently working at a Project in cooperation with Thermo Fisher Scientific.
We have chosen to take ANTLR as a tool .
Right in the beginning a Problem appeared, when I try to run just a Example.
I´m working with Visual Studio 2010 and use a C# Windows Form Application where I want to implement a Parser.
I`m using the new Version 1.4.3 of Antlr and reference is the Antrl3.Runtime.dll.

The Problem is that in the generated Code (in CSharp2 or CSharp3 ) is a  Method that is not known from none Library

public AstParserRuleReturnScope<CommonTree, CommonToken> compileUnit()

I don't know if it is  just a simple problem because I missed something
or if the problem appear because of the new version of the CSharp Libraries.
Fact is that I don't found this method somewhere(google, antlr homepage).

Thanks for your help,

best regards

Amelie Mueller
Software Tests & Development
Thermo Scientific Cytomat Products
Scientific Instruments - Laboratory Automation

ThermoFisher Scientific
Robert-Bosch-Str. 1
D-63505 Langenselbold, Germany