[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks 2 (for ANTLR v4)

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Sep 8 12:20:54 PDT 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Douglas Godfrey wrote:

> 1) Extend the Refactor:RemoveLeftRecursion function to either assist in
> removing or automatically remove left recursion loops that involve more
> than 1 rule

Hi Douglas. how often do you use this Refactoring? also note that v4 will automatically handle direct left recursion.

> 2) Tighter integration between AntlrWorks and Antlr to report the source
> of ambiguities found during code generation and resolve them

 can you be more specific about what that integration would be?

> 3) Antlr grammar access to the symbol table classes already present in
> Antlr
>   i.e. defining symbol table entries and accessing symbol attributes
> without productions

 which symbol table classes do you mean? are you talking about the ones from the language implementation patterns book?

> 4) Enable debugging grammars for targets other than Java by inserting
> calls to a function that communicates with the AntlrWorks debugger

 that is really up to the target developer. Currently C opens a socket connection to communicate with the AW debugger. I think the # target has its own version.

Ter