[antlr-interest] contemplating a move of mailing list to stackoverflow.com

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 23:28:38 PDT 2012

On 12/04/12 00:43, Terence Parr wrote:
> Hiya,
Morning,

> Basically, I'm trying to reduce my system administration load.
I can understand that need!

> Does anybody see any bears in the woods that I'm not? issues? those in favor?
I'm much more of a user than contributor but I have to say  that I much
prefer emails rather than having to go to a website and look for stuff,
especially when I'm offline.

At the moment, I have the entire ANTLR mailing list contents stored
locally on my laptop, going back to when I subscribed - October 2011 -
and I can search it easily without needing an internet connection.

With the web site, there are 914 current questions - but I only see 15
of them per screen. It looks nice, but I much prefer content to looks!

So, my vote is with the mailing list. (Sorry!)

I am subscribed to a number of support lists - for work and pleasure -
and by far the best ones, for me, are the ones where the contents hits
my inbox without me doing anything, other than setting up a rule to move
related stuff to the appropriate folder of course!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar