[antlr-interest] Fwd: DFAs

Eric researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 04:52:53 PST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric <researcher0x00 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] DFAs
To: Benjamin S Wolf <jokeserver at gmail.com>

Hi Benjamin,

There is a bug with ANTLR 3.4 when generating the DFA or NFA.

I reported is some time ago. See:
http://antlr.markmail.org/search/?q=dfa%203.4#query:dfa%203.4+page:1+mid:cqadnswa2mjzo357+state:results

If you switch to ANTLR 3.3 it should work.

As this is not a show stopper, I do not expect it to be fixed since Ter is
working on ANTLR 4.x.

Remember that Ter is only one person and if he were to fix and make ANTLR
3.4  perfect, we would never have seen ANTLR 4.x.

For me, the trade off is well worth it.

Eric