[antlr-interest] some v4 examples

Kyle Ferrio kferrio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 20:32:17 PST 2012

Wow.  After just a few minutes with the R example I am really enjoying the
(direct) left recursion.  I have not played with associativity yet, but I
will.  Honey Badger takes my favorite aspects of flex/bison and makes them
better with LL(*).  I think most of us have to embed algebraic parsers in
larger DSLs pretty often.  Being able to use left-recursion directly makes
it really easy to see what's going on.  Woot!

By the way, not that anyone else would be crazy ewnough to do this, but I
threw the R example from http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah/KB/R/html/b1.html at
TestRig -gui and it failed to render on my box.  Could be a memory issue
but -print and -tokens worked just fine.  It looks like the dotviz-esque
gui window was created and disappeared before I could see it.  No matter,
TestRig is a very handy tool and not meant to be an IDE.

Kyle