[antlr-interest] Reduction in code base after yanking AST stuff

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Jan 2 18:24:51 PST 2012

So, after thinking about it for very long time, I have officially decided to not support ASTs and tree grammars in honey badger. I took the plunge today and yanked it all out. It dramatically simplified everything, of course. Removing code is one of my favorite things :)  Anyway, I've done the deed. Getting honey badger to support ASTs in a fully backward compatible manner was going to be difficult anyway. v3 works and is stable. moving AST code to v4 with simply make it less reliable.

These are the sizes of the various code areas in relation to their previous size (down from 100%). So, for example, the runtime is 26% smaller:

runtime: 74%
grammars: 85%
templates: 74%
tool code: 77%