[antlr-interest] [stringtemplate-interest] anybody care to comment on bitbucket.org?

Kyle Ferrio kferrio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:19:18 PST 2012

I have looked, as recently as last month.  I am aware of no desktop GUI
front end for git likely to meet the expectations of users not already
comfortable with git on the command line.  It's a pity.  You'd think some
enterprising person might write a desktop app with the look and feel of
GitHub which also talks to GitHub...

(Slightly off-topic...my gold standard for a desktop dvcs gui is Bazaar
Explorer for bzr.  Not only is is beautiful and functional, dealing with
local or remote repos is as transparent as a URL.  I'm not advocating for
bzr here.  I'm just providing a frame of reference for my critique of front
ends for git or any other dvcs.)

Kyle