[antlr-interest] [stringtemplate-interest] anybody care to comment on bitbucket.org?

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:21:48 PST 2012

While I primarily use git via cmd line (msysgit) on Win7 I find the gui capabilities of both of the following helpful:

  http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/
  http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/

Each has a different usage style so play a bit with each to see which style works best for you.

One note regarding rebasing. Although it's almost always a very bad idea to rebase public branches, there are cases (low-end emulation of mercurial's mq via "patch branches") in which it makes a lot of sense and can be managed with proper communication/expectation setting and knowledge of just a few git concepts like `git reset` and `git stash`.

  http://progit.org/2011/07/11/reset.html
  https://github.com/thecodeshop/ruby/wiki/FAQ#wiki-forced

Jon

---
Fail fast. Fail often. Fail publicly. Learn. Adapt. Repeat.
http://thecodeshop.github.com | http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums