[antlr-interest] No errors output by v4 daily build?

Peter Boughton boughtonp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:54:21 PST 2012

Hi Terence,

> what does "grammar has any errors" mean exactly?

Well, simply that if there is anything wrong with the syntax/contents
of the grammar file.

For example, if I name the file "a.g" and the first line is "grammar
b", or if I delete a semi-colon from the end of a rule, so it's not
valid ANTLR syntax, or if I try to refer to a rule that doesn't exist
yet, or have an unescaped apostrophe, and so on.

The only way to tell if the grammar is ok is to check if the generated
files exist and if the modified date is up-to-date. If it doesn't
work, there's no easy way to know what the error is.

Making sense now?

Thanks,

Peter