[antlr-interest] pull requests at github

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Jul 11 15:25:26 PDT 2012

Hi Kyle,

interesting. so, in the commit message, they would have a link or something to a certificate of origin.  Maybe once they've made the commit, they can go to the ANTLR site and submit the commit hash to a website where they can click "I give the rights etc." which gives them another SHA1 hash or something that combines their user information with the commit hash. They can then add this to their commit message or perhaps simply in the pull request instead of the commit.

Maybe I should just create a hash for each new contributor, that sort of like their current generator ID. Then, they can simply include this in their pull request and I can check against my ID list.

Ter