[antlr-interest] pull requests at github

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Jul 12 10:46:51 PDT 2012

Hi guys, okay, I have another idea.

Let's make a directory that's part of the source code itself that contains simple text documents with the language of the contributors license followed by the sign off line. Then, the commit hash for that document is the user's unique contributors ID. It's also unique in principle across all projects so the same user could sign a different contributors license for a different project.

 During a commit, users would put their ID hash number into the comment and then I think github would automatically link to the document containing their signature.

would that work? I think so. I also like the idea that I don't have to maintain the signatures anymore. They are just in the source code distribution.

Ter