[antlr-interest] Antlr3 in Eclipse and Maven?

Brad Cox bradjcox at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 03:48:20 PDT 2012

I've an antlr3 grammar that compiles fine in AntlrWorks. I'm trying to load
it into Eclipse with Maven to start work on the non-grammar bits.

Problem is it won't compile in either. Error flags are on the first line,
grammar ...;, and nothing I've tried will remove them. Somehow antlr2 is
getting involved in the compile step.

The dependency list shows antlr-runtime-3.2.jar and stringtemplate-3.2.jar
now. Previously there was an antlr2 jar that I've explicitly excluded.
Didn't make a difference.

My best guess is that the antlr3 maven plugin is launching antlr2, not
antlr3, but I have no visibility into what that plugin is doing.

<groupId>org.antlr</groupId>
<artifactId>antlr3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>3.1.3-1</version

There's also likely confusion over which eclipse plugin I should be using.
After some searching I removed everything but the one from certiv, but no
joy.

Could someone point me to a known-to-work reference? Thanks!