[antlr-interest] connectivity to the server was down

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Tue May 15 19:12:45 PDT 2012

Time for new server technology ;)

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org
[mailto:antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org] On Behalf Of Terence Parr
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:29 AM
To: ANTLR interest; stringtemplate-interest at antlr.org List
Subject: [antlr-interest] connectivity to the server was down

Hiya, the network was down on Saturday and coincidentally I lost one of my
raid drives; somehow this has messed up the list but it should be okay
now.

Let's see: unstable power supply, unreliable network connection,
vulnerable to drive failure. Can you say "move antlr.org to a virtual
server in the cloud?" I knew you could.  I guess I will start paying for a
full-time AWS machine. The only problem is that one big enough to run the
big fat pig known as tomcat/confluence is like 50 bucks a month. booo

Ter