[antlr-interest] ANTLR: tree nodes access

Antonio Tancredi nazareno.tancredi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:25:08 PST 2012

Hi,
I need some help about a little problem. Here you can find a description:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13490897/antlr-tree-nodes-access

Sorry for the cross-ask, but I found this mailing list and I thought that
this can be a better place to ask a question like that.
The problem is: I want to create a class field for each child of the tree.
The binary tree example is the simplest one.
Maybe this example is more interesting:

def
: nameIdent=IDENT EQ element SEMI -> ^(NODE_DEF $nameIdent element)
| nameIdent=IDENT EXTENDS extIdent=IDENT EQ element SEMI -> ^(NODE_DEF
$nameIdent EXTENDS_IDENT[$extIdent] element)
;

where IDENT is an identifier, EQ is '=', SEMI is ';', EXTENDS is 'extends'.

This kind of extension is simple: A extends B. Anyway, the things can be
more difficult, just think about java and the keywords extends/implement.
What I want to do is to set a field inside my tree class with the value of
the child, not just add it the the "children" array.

Do you have any suggestion? Thanks.

Antonio Tancredi